Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Wonder...

As I sit on the front steps on this beautiful day, I can't help but wonder what the next month will bring. We have been waiting for this time for a year...though it seems like forever. Our lives have almost exclusively wrapped around China and this adoption since April 2009. For all of those who are out there and have been waiting for 3-4 years. All I can say is, "Wow!" I do not think I could do that...

As Bart said in his post yesterday, we do have a lot to do before we fly (and a lot when we get back.) We are trying to keep the boys' 4-H things going smoothly, in order to keep some of life the same. They are excited, but sense a change coming. It will be interesting to see how they are as 'big brothers'. Their ages being so close, they haven't dealt with those issues before.

We will fly for 12 1/2 hours (from Chicago to Tokyo) then switch planes and fly another 4 hours to Beijing. I wonder how well we will do on finding our plane in Japan. All of these wonders...

I also wonder how we will deal with the obstacles we face in making this young lady an integral part of the King Family...which is the heart of all of us.

In that we put our trust in the Lord, we will do our part and let him complete the rest...I guess it is human nature to wonder though...

No comments:

Post a Comment