Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

One Big Guy With a Little Bit of a Thing Beside Him

I don't have a lot of time to post so this one may be short...


 

Not a lot has happened since I last posted. Life has fallen into quite a rhythm. It almost feels 'normal'.


 

Today I watched Jacie and her dad walk across the field, one big guy with a little bit of a thing beside him. So very sweet. After awhile, she got tired because of the dried stalks that she had to step over. "Daddy, take my hand," she said.


 

I heard Bart reply, "You are fine." Then he stopped what he was doing and took her hand to help her through the field. It was a stunning moment of complete understanding for me. That is what I want for her. I want with all of my heart for her to know that all of her needs (and a lot of her wants) are met simply because she is our princess and princesses deserve no less. The deepest desire of my heart when it comes to Jacie is that she can move from a place of feeling like she has not, cannot and will not to the simple truth that she is, has and will always be taken care of in a way that reflects true love. I am not sure if we have the time to establish the base that is required for a life lived in this transforming truth.


 

She told me again this morning that she had to sleep while the other kids went outside to play. She says it with such great ease like it didn't bother her. Yet, I know just by watching her zest for life and constant mobility that she was just itching to go when they did...


 

There are times that I feel like I am running behind her trying to catch up.


 

I don't need to tell you, I am certain, that the immense love and passion I feel about Jacie's life, security and future is just a reflection of the absolute devotion I have for her two brothers...


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment