Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sweet Gifts

Okay, so I didn't pack 44 lbs of chocolate. I didn't even remember the three pound bag of m&ms I had bought as bribery. Contrary to Bart's blog...though the realization was heavy the light shown through quickly when I realized that we are still stateside and can stock up tomorrow before we board the plane.

Like Bart said we did have a great night. We went swimming, had a nice dinner and may take another dip in the hot tub before we hit the hay. Looking forward to China, though the plane ride might be a little long.

I felt badly tonight when Loren asked me, "What if Ying-Ying doesn't like us?" What do you say to that. I told him that I didn't think that she would not like us but that she would not know us and/or understand what was happening. The kids are looking forward to being in China. I think that they have the natural fears of the unknown just like their parents but we, as a family, will work through all of the emotional issues that come as part of this type of life-changing event.

On a lighter note, the boys brought gifts for Ying. Loren brought her Pip Squeak Markers and a drawing pad. Jared brought her a teddy bear of his. I thought that both gifts were sweet.

I am not sure how long it will be before we can access internet again. I think that Beijing will be a little busy when we arrive. We should get there on Saturday afternoon (middle of the night for you.) We are supposed to have Gotcha Day on Sunday. For those who don't know, Gotcha Day is the day that we 'get her.' Hence the 'Gotcha'. Our gotcha day is happening a little quicker than some because of some scheduling conflicts. Hopefully, we don't hit a wall from lack of sleep. ~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment