Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Visit to the Pathroom

What a great weekend. It was filled with family, fun and food. Those have to be my three favorites...


 

Jacie did not eat any turkey. She took one look at it, stuck up her nose and said, "Jacie, no like."


 

Unfortunately, she looked at it before I had stuffed it and cooked it. There was no convincing the little bugger though. So she missed out on a time honored tradition. I guess that left more for the rest of us.


 

She looks so much older than she did when we first got her. The growth doesn't surprise me because of the large quantities of food she consumes. She is into size 7 now and shows no signs of stopping (eating or growing.) She is getting closer to her ninth birthday...


 

We are not certain she understands what a birthday is. In China, everyone in the orphanage celebrated their birthday on National Children's Day which is June 1st. I can imagine this made things easier for the workers with 150-200 kids. You'd be celebrating birthdays every week. The real test will be in January. Loren turns thirteen and we will have our standard 'party' for him. He will receive gifts and a little 'spoiling'. She will not...


 

It will be interesting to see how that goes.


 

I have said before that Jacie is a like an eight year old toddler. She has very little concentration and wiggles like a worm when she is bored or not engaged. She also does not stop to listen.


 

Not listening has become a favorite pastime for her. At times this is frustrating...other times...? Very funny.


 

Yesterday, when we were out to lunch with family, Jacie offered one of those 'very funny' moments.


 

It started so innocently...really. I was to hold Jacie's ice cream while she went to the 'pathroom' (bathroom.) Easy, right? Well, I decided that all holders deserve a fee, so I took a bite. It was sooooo good and she was taking sooo long...you guessed it, I took another bite and another and another. I looked down and I had eaten half of her ice cream. With guilty pleasure written all over my face, I looked at Bart and said, "Go quickly and buy her another one."


 

He got into line. While he was there, she came out of the bathroom and was looking for her ice cream. Everyone at the table knew what was going on except her...


 

We were all laughing because I was trying to hold her original ice cream out of sight. "Go to your daddy. He 'has' your ice cream..." we said.


 

She turned on her heel and ran (right past Bart) to the men's bathroom. "We could all hear here her standing outside of it yelling, "Daddy...daddy...? Where are you?" Our laughing grew louder until I heard the door open. By this time I was up and running toward the bathroom, only to see her dress disappear into the men's room. "No...Jacie, no," I cried.


 

When I reached the men's room, I contemplated only for a second before a man walked out with a bewildered look on his face followed by a little Chinese girl. No, she did not find her daddy in there but I bet she helped hasten his business...


 

Okay, that shouldn't be funny...


 

It was...


 

Like roll on the floor funny. All of us at the table laughed and laughed. Jacie kept saying, "I thought you said in the pathroom..." Each time she said it, the urge to laugh uncontrollably welled up again. It was a good day. Especially when Bart brought back the new and improved ice cream. He bought her a bigger one...


 

The moral of the story...? If you want whatever it is you have, do not give it to me to 'hold' while you visit the pathroom.


 

Life is Good.


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment