Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

What a Little Stinker

Let's start with the great news...Jacie can finally wear her brown dresses. I found her a pair of brown Stride Rite church shoes on Ebay, though I am certain she would have preferred the lights and sequin shoes to the plain brown ones that came in the mail. Life is tough...


 

I know that those are the little things but I am dressing a 'lady' now and want to do so appropriately. I am enjoying dressing her. It seems early but I have found her Christmas dress. I found the one that I liked and she approved...since there was only one in her size...well, you know what happened next. I am going to try to build Christmas pictures around it. Let's see if I get it done. Either way, she will definitely be the prettiest girl in town on her first 'American' Christmas. I am not certain yet if this is her first Christmas ever or just her first with us but either way, we will celebrate this first in her life. I am looking forward to it. I wonder if it will overwhelm her or excite her. Given a guess...I would go with excite. She likes new things.


 

She continues to grow. She is now comfortably in a size 7 clothes. It will be four months next week since she came home. It seems like she has been here forever. I love that.


 

I have placed Jacie into Kindergarten books for school. She is flying through them. Unfortunately, her English is not good enough to push her into the first grade books. She is diligent about her studies. When she wants to try...she does very well. Her coloring and fine motor skills are very good. She doesn't enjoy coloring as much as drawing but is good at both of them. She does a lot of tracing.


 

She has definitely learned what the library is for. She walked out yesterday with 6 books. This morning, I read five of them to her in school. They are great books for her level. I will read the last one to her tomorrow morning. She will then want to go back and return them and borrow new ones. I am glad that she likes the library. We like it so much. Hopefully, our visits will encourage her reading quickly. At the library, she also discovered the DVD section. She borrowed Toy Story and Toy Story 2. She has been laughing her way through them tonight.


 

She does struggle with verbal manipulation. Today, while working with me, she said, "Mommy, pretty, pretty."


 

I said, "Thank you, honey."


 

She smiled coyly and said, "I play tonight?" 'Play' means video games (Wii). Little stinker...


 

She says some pretty funny things and makes up laugh quite often. Today, while looking through the Lego gift catalog, she asked for something on every single page. The first couple of times we took her seriously. After about five items...she lost our attention. If she got everything that she has asked for in just the four months since she has been home, we would probably have built onto the house at least twice. Earlier I said, "What a stinker..." Isn't that the truth.


 

We continue to grow and weave this little lady into our lives. What a tremendous journey it has been and will continue to be. Bless you as you bless others.


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment