Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Crazies On a 4-Wheeler

This mama just about had a heart seizure today... As I was raking and enjoying the sunshine, I heard in the distance the low hum of a motor in the field. "Uhmm..." I thought, "I wonder who that is?" Then around the corner came our four wheeler with two laughing children. You guessed it, Little Miss had convinced her brother to give her a ride. They had put her on the rack to ride and propped her foot up beside her. I cannot tell you how much fun that little stinker had but I can tell you that every time Jared sped up, my heart skipped a beat. All I could see was her bouncing off the back of that thing, breaking her other leg or hip or...well you get the idea. I am not certain my breathing has normalized yet. She sure did enjoy herself though and that is good. It was a beautiful day for her to get outside and soak in the sun. She is definitely bored of her cast and ready for its removal. When she and I were at the beauty parlor today, I heard her tell a lady that in two weeks her daddy was going to take the cast off her leg. The lady replied, " I think you should let the doctor do it." She laughed, "Nope, my daddy will do it." What a corker. Obviously, Bart is not removing the cast. After she does get it removed, she will get a walking cast. I don't think that it will take very long for her to regain her footing, so to speak. She has been ready to walk since she got out of the hospital. I do believe that she will be scared to walk because it will hurt. She (like all of us) does not like pain. I think that there was so much pain involved in her first surgery that she really gets frightened when she feels any. Hopefully this will go fairly easy for her. She really is such a trooper. I snapped a couple of pictures of her taking a bath last night. She had covered herself completely with foam. Too cute. I am trying to make up for all of the lost years by snapping random photos often. I believe that I have been successful since I printed over 250 at eight months. Imagine if she had come at two. I hope that she will feel as though she has enough childhood memories to hold on to when she reaches adulthood. Her emotional health is of great importance. Memories of a life well lived and a childhood celebrated are the backbone of that health. She is such a good girl. She deserves the best and it is hard to remember that I (my attitude and actions) have the power to make [or break] this child. What a tremendous responsibility. She continues to build Legos and has taken a liking to building puzzles as well. Today she and Loren worked together on a puzzle that he is doing. She loves to do things with her brothers. They do not always desire to reciprocate. The children seem to have a normal relationship with each other. It has been such a surprise to both Bart and I how quickly they settled into their roles and picked up the bad habit of bickering and fighting. I am pretty sure that it happened on the first day. Seriously. I would have never thought... She continues to heal, grow and develop. She looks healthy and strong and for that I am grateful. Remember her as she is looking to transitioning to her bed in the new house. I see a fight on the horizon. ~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment