Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, November 5, 2011

Million Dollar Baby

I wanted to post a picture tonight since I have been a little lazy on that end but to no avail- the SD card that I put in my camera will not read in this computer. So in order to post one I would have to get up, go downstairs, turn on all of the lights, boot up the other computer... you get the idea.


No picture tonight.

Jacie continues to flourish. I was just thinking today that she is starting to 'fit in' around here. The boys are adjusting to her and the emotional side of things that girls bring to life. She is adjusting to my and their temperaments. Loren is more of the big brother, I'll watch out for you type. Jared is the playmate. Those two can drive a sane person to the brink of insanity in 5 minutes flat.

Today they were working together to wash the van. It was about 40 degrees out. They ended their washing with a major water fight that will probably result in one or both of them getting pneumonia. And the van is still pretty grubby. But they are fun to listen to as long as they are about three rooms away from me.

Jacie has taken a liking to her new school assignment. She studies Mandarin everyday. I NEVER saw that coming. I thought that it would be nice for her to maintain her Mandarin but could never get her interested. Randomly about a month ago she said, "I would learn Chinese if you let me mom."

Insert jaw on the floor.

She really likes to do it and can be seen sitting there for over an hour everyday. I have to laugh when she pronounces her words to the computer and the computer says that she is wrong. I have heard her yell at the computer, "I am right. You are wrong!"

She randomly sprouted a tooth way up in her gums that will have to be removed in the next couple of weeks. I say randomly because I never noticed it at all until yesterday and it is fully out. Her mouth needs quite a lot of work. She is also due another surgery in March. No wonder Bart calls her his million dollar baby.

She's sweet. She has begun to show an interest in looking pretty. We have been having way too much fun at the children's clothes store. I never knew that I would enjoy dressing a little lady so much. The funny thing is that she is such a blue jeans and t-shirt girl, imagine my surprise when she picked her church clothes- bright sequins, rhinestones and animal prints. What fancy tastes she has-

She is truly her daddy's million dollar baby.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment