Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ba Sick...Jacie, No

Last night, Jacie went to archery with Jared and I. She did not take her gun this time. I am not sure why...?


 

She did look pretty cute. She (finally) put on the jeans that Bart and I had gotten her for Christmas. They are the Levis with the sparkles and hearts on the pockets. I didn't think that she would wear them again after our guide (in China) told her they made her look like a boy...Heart pockets with sparkles...uhmmm.


 

She is definitely growing. The pants used to be baggy on her and quite a bit too long...now they fit her perfectly. She had on her 'Tink' hat, a pink t-shirt and her new boots. She looked so old compared to when she came to us. Truthfully, she looked happy. That is my wish for her.


 

Today, she is sick. Her eye is swollen and she is complaining of a sore throat. Everyone else in the house has it, I was just waiting for her to get on the bandwagon. Last night, she laughed at Ba for being sick and said, "Ba sick, everybody sick...Jacie no sick."

This morning she woke up with it. I guess life does have a sense of humor...


 

On a happy note, she put herself down for a nap in her own bed. She did not sleep but any step in that direction is great. She wanted to clean it off (her dolls had taken up residence there). I was excited enough, I dropped everything and went upstairs to complete the task. We will see if she does what she said. She told me that she was going to sleep in her room tonight with the light off. Wow...


 

She does look terrible though and I feel bad that she is sick. It hasn't stopped her hyper-activity. She is currently running around the house tied in a piece of fabric like a super hero cape and Jared's horse leg stabilizers (that are waiting to be painted)velcroed around her waist. Though kind of weird...she looks like she is going to live.


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment