Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Beautiful Day

Today is gorgeous, I can actually see a cloud line from the room. We went to the Great Wall, it was not quite what was expected but it was great to see. We were taken to the closest access point to Beijing, so was everyone else! Very much a tourist area, which made it more difficult to climb but it was also supposed to be an easy spot. If there was a T-shirt that said "I carried a 50pnd. Chinese girl up the Great Wall"

I would have purchased one today! B/c of that and the fact that I kept my bag with some meds and water I only made it two towers. I would have love to have gone farther but it probably would not have been wise. Angie went on for the both us. The view was great, we really enjoyed the whole experience. On the way down we were directed to a trail (most likely to cut down on two directional traffic) which turned into switchbacks. I really enjoyed that, it reminded me of Colorado. Lil' Penelope did quite well with the steep, stony trail but had to be carried after a

few slips, on the most steep parts.


 

Back to Nascar.....our driver is awesome! Barring that we get into no accidents, I think it is quite fun! And we also saw a wedding procession that included I believe it was a Chrysler 300m stretch, and about seven to nine Lamborghini's£¡I am sure I didn't spell that right but you get the picture.


 

Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment