Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Beautiful Sunset...

Tonight as I took a run I couldn't help but think of the changes that are coming.

As I ran out in view of the beautiful sunset, I found myself wondering about the future...

Our family lives in a good place. Lots of room to run, lots of dirt to play in and lots of beauty to live amongst.

It is a good place to raise a child (or three) right? The boys run the dirt roads with the four wheeler and dirt bike, they raise animals behind the house and work alongside their father and me. I really hope that Ying-Ying will like it here.

As I walked back toward my house, shadowed by the setting sun I couldn't help thinking about the changes coming in our lives and wondering if we are up to them? Can we help her find her niche, here in the middle of the country. She who comes from a orphanage in the heart of Beijing, China. One of the largest cities in China. Will she find it hard to understand why we sit outside until the last traces of the sun have set, in order to not miss a single second...?

No comments:

Post a Comment