Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Clean House? Maybe Next Time

I only have a minute to post today...we have been so busy since we got home. Summers are very busy around here with Bart irrigating, the boys' 4-H and now a new, non-English speaking eight-year old.


 

Yesterday we were so excited to have her watch the fireworks...she fell asleep. Yup, then woke up at the end when they were doing the grand finale, didn't know where she was and cried. So much for a cool light display. She couldn't get home fast enough. Tonight we will take her out in the yard and light our own fireworks, maybe she'll enjoy that a little more. We have sparklers, which are usually a hit with kids...I think. I haven't had younger kids for awhile.


 

The good news about the sleeping is that she did sleep through the night. At least if she was up, I didn't hear her. Thank goodness she didn't sneak out of the house...I was that tired.


 

Bart says that she probably thinks that she's a super star. Everyone wants to meet her, hug her and wave...


 

She is doing a little more communicating today. At lunch she engaged Bart and said most of the English words that she knows. They did not amount to much of a conversation but I knew that she wanted to talk to him. She is sweet when she talks. In China we heard her talk to the guide quite extensively, so we know that she is like her mama and likes to talk a lot and to anyone who will listen.


 

Our house is a disaster area. I told Bart that I think a tornado came through and then got stuck and just keeps revolving around the house. Maybe if I open the windows it will leave? I cleaned the other night and it doesn't look like anyone has ever cleaned...ever. Maybe I'll have time to clean when the kids are in college?


 

We are looking forward to things slowing down...but that doesn't usually happen until after harvest (which ends at Christmas.) I wonder if she had any idea...


 

Next week, she is looking forward to our farm expansion. The 35 baby chicks come in and she (told to the guide in China) is excited to hold them and feed them. I wonder if she knows that they are for market? I don't think I will tell her using our charades method...she might be damaged for life.

So we will not only be pig farmers...but chicken as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment