Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Horror Flick in the 'Beauty Parlor'

Time just seems to be swiftly moving along and we are either running behind it or standing on the side and watching it pass. It is a shame to see this time go by and not really feel that we are accomplishing anything.


 

Jacie is doing okay. She is extremely tired and overwhelmed. There are a lot of new people, experiences and lessons to be learned and it seems that all of them are coming at the same time. I just want to shout, "Slow down..." but it would be into the wind and no one would really hear or be affected by my words. Life itself cannot be stopped...


 

She is quite a trooper though. There is so much swirling around in that little head of hers and we cannot communicate about it. That's okay...there is a lot swirling around in my little head as well and I feel a though I am at a loss in communicating it too.


 

Truthfully, Jacie makes me laugh. She is an extremely playful girl with a sunny smile and disposition to match. I could not ask for more...


 

Today I freaked her out a little bit though. I am going to tell you a secret...let's keep it between friends. I dye my hair...its vanity that leads me to this action and the same vanity that encourages the secrecy. Now that I have spilled the beans...I can get on with my very scary story.


 

Jacie was outside with the boys doing chores when I decided to dye my hair. I do this at home because it is cheaper but it is not pretty. In fact, the boys are disgusted when I do it. Anyway, I did not know how to explain (in charades) the process of hair dyeing so I plunged in. I had just finished 'applying' when in walked Little Miss herself. Not only does my hair all have to sit on the top of my head...on hot days it drips down my face. Jacie looked at me with horror in her eyes. Deep in my heart I wanted to say, "Don't judge, sister...it will be you before you know it." But again I could not figure out how to convey that in charades...


 

So, being the good mother (that I am...) I showed her the bottle of dye, the gloves, etc. and walked as stiffly (so the lump of hair didn't fall) and proudly out of the bathroom as possible. I still had 45 minutes of waiting left. Jacie started to motion wildly at me. She 'told' me that I looked like I had banged my head and was bleeding...then she made motion like maybe Ba (dad) had banged my head and I was bleeding. I wonder what kind of horror flicks she has seen in her lifetime. I guess she has now been introduced to my 'bathroom beauty parlor' and all that it entails. Ah, that pains we girls go through for beauty...she will understand as she grows older. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment