Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let's Play Snowball

Home again, home again...


 

The best part of being home after vacation is...sleeping in our own beds. It makes one appreciate what they have...


 

We had a great weekend. The water park was warm and cozy with a hint of the tropics. What is not to love about that...?


 

Our present reality differs greatly. It is snowing outside and frigidly cold. Yuck. Very Yuck.


 

I took Jacie outside to play in the snow this afternoon. We had a great time.


 

"Come Mom, let's play Snowball..." she said over and over. The snow was not very thick and would not pack into a ball well but she liked running around, singing on the top of her lungs.


 

She is struggling with short bouts of depression. I am not sure if it is from the onset of puberty that we are dealing with or the adaptations that she is walking. Maybe it is both...?


 

She has started to be very sassy and whiny. If she isn't 'talking back,' she is loudly proclaiming her distaste in most everything we do. I think that she has just hit a phase that she needs to figure out. Let's hope so...


 

I think that Christmas will bring a little relief for her. I know that she is a thinker and analyzer. Though this is good, she can fixate and cause herself undue stress. It is hard to explain (in broken English) to an eight year old how her mind can make or break things. This is another thing that she will have to work out for herself. All we can do is love her through it.


 

We certainly do love her. She is very smart, very cute and such a funny little gal. It seems impossible that we were chosen to walk this journey with her. Wow. Really, to me it is an honor.


 

Yesterday, when she was sitting on my lap, I could feel her hip that is out. I have never felt it before. Also this morning when she woke up, she stretched and I heard the same hip pop. I wonder how often this happens. I have never been aware of it before. I wonder if it hurts? She says no but I am not certain. She falls flat on her face and says that it didn't hurt.


 

She continues to learn and show a willingness for growth. Again, something I am grateful for.


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment