Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

"A Little Treat For Jacie's Feet

We have a Little Miss sleepy pants again this morning. The reason will make you laugh...


 

A couple of days ago, Jacie learned that children grow when they sleep. So...she is stocking up. It is working. I measured her a couple of days after she got to the States and compared it to her height now...1 3/4 inches...grown. Wow. That is a lot of growth in five and a half months. She looks great.


 

She is trying to grow big like her brothers. I wouldn't bet the ranch on that one...I have some pretty big boys.


 

She tripped on her own feet last night and 'broke' the Christmas Tree. Unfortunately, when you use a unstable tree to stabilize yourself...


 

Hopefully we can fix it. I think she was worried that we wouldn't be able to. She loves the lights. The tree itself is pretty old and I have been looking for a new one anyway but was giving it one last year. It is the perfect size Christmas tree for my house. I haven't found any that compare in height or width. Maybe after the Christmas sales will yield a good one.

We shall see.


 

So far, Jacie has not told anyone their Christmas presents. She is with me all of the time and saw me purchase each. Every day, she comes to my side and says, "Today...ahh...today we give Loren (or whomever) present?"


 

"No, not today..." then I count down the number of days.


 

She did say that we took her from China before Christmas and that she never had a Christmas in China. The way she was talking, made me think that she might believe this is our first year for Christmas here and if she had been in China, she would have celebrated it there. Maybe I am misunderstanding. It wouldn't be the first time.


 

I find the whole experience quite interesting. The dynamics are a little intense at times but for a people analyzer... the perfect opportunity.


 

I did get her light up and sequin shoes the other day. Bart saw them for the first time and said, "What is that?"


 

They are really quite bright.


 

I answered with, "A little treat for Jacie's feet..."


 

She will need them as she goes through physical therapy leading up to and following her surgeries. We are sure looking at a very busy upcoming year. She definitely needs to meet it in style...


 

We are blessed in many ways and desire with all of our hearts to bless others.


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment