Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sweet But Tough

My little gal is a sleeper this morning. I don't know if it is all of the pre-Christmas prep or what but she asked if she could go back to sleep this morning. "Sure..."


 

It is so quiet I am having difficulty thinking.


 

We did our cookie making day with family last night. She enjoyed it a lot I think. She is very helpful. VERY.


 

She is not a cookie eater though. She doesn't care for them at all. She loves candy though. We received some peanut brittle from a friend...she wants it all. She is a funny little girl.


 

She and I are at a point in our relationship. It is growing daily but since we are together all the time...we can be found, grating on each other's nerves, often. This door goes both ways. Interesting that me, with all of my passive, sweet elegance would get under anybody's skin....


 

Those of you who know me and are reading this just stopped to catch your breath from the large laugh that escaped after that comment.


 

I can be sweet(when I want to be)but I am also tough. Add in a good sense of humor and tada...me.


 

She, on the other hand, is sweet (when she wants to be) but tough. Add in a good sense of humor and tada...her.


 

I think you get the drift.


 

I couldn't love this kid more and that surprises me because of the short time I have known her.


 

Looking forward to seeing her face (and those of my two favorite twelve year olds) on Christmas morn.


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment