Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

"It Is Slippers Out Here"

It should come as no surprise to you that Jacie is incredibly excited for Christmas. She talks about it all of the time, asking, "For ahh Christmas, I get ahh Buzz Lightyear? Ahh Woody?"


 

"You'll have to wait and see," I answer. Many times a day...


 

She is doing well. She continues to eat well (very well.) She is filling out her clothes, little by little. She was such a scrawny thing when she first came. It is good to see the little bit of meat on her bones that is there. Little bit is accurate.


 

The ice that has covered the outdoors poses a new type of obstacle course for her. She slips easily, landing soundly on her rump. "Ouch!" I hear her say, "It is slippers out here..."


 

As hard as it is to choke back a laugh, I do because I don't want her to think that I am laughing because she is slipping. But I have to admit, the 'it is slippers' comment gets me every time. Hehe.


 

We are in a holding pattern when it comes to her medical. I think I am going to schedule her fillings and mouth work for right after the New Year if I can. I have been waiting for her to understand English a little better. I think that I have told you, I have held off in this area because I don't want her to hate the dentist. Mouth pain is terrible. The time has come though. I would like to get it done before her hip surgery so that she can fully recover and not have it looming overhead. We'll see how that goes.


 

The good news is that she is very smart, very sweet and quite funny. All of those characteristics thrown in the same pot = my favorite little girl.


 

I am blessed immeasurably. Hope all is well for you.


 

~Angie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment