Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh, So Cute...

Yesterday we took Jacie to the Dunes and she climbed all the way to the top...of the hard part. Okay, she wasn't on her feet the whole time...but crawling, while moaning about how hard it was counts...doesn't it? She wasn't the only one crawling...


 

No, I wasn't talking about Bart.


 

She definitely is a 'water baby'. I think that she would have swam all day if we hadn't taken her up the dune, then over to the clay pits. I never realized how high the dunes were until I walked them with her. I had to put my protectiveness to the side and let her go up. She wanted it...


 

I have to say though that she was pretty funny. It is hard work and she did not hesitate to vocalize her discomfort...over and over...and over. I could not help but laugh at her, which made her frustrated. Well not really, she just threw herself down on the dune and acted like she was dying, loudly. Everything is loud with her. She is very vivacious. She plays rough and tumble, wrestle with the best of them and is stiff competition to Jared for the loudest in the house. I can hear her coming long before I see her. Most of the time, she is talking to herself even. I wish you all could see it...quite a sight.


 

Her newest words are, "Oh, so cute..." Everything is cute. Jared when he is in trouble, GI Joe when he is beating up the other GI Joe. She brought us all to laughter tonight when she flung herself headlong onto her Ba and he said, "A Chinese child was going to knock his teeth out." Her comeback? "Oh, so cute..." Perhaps she thought that he would look cute without any teeth...? Uhmmm.


 

Another word that she used today for the first time was fingers. When she and I were walking, she said that her finger hurt. Knowing that on her left hand she has two fingers that do not straighten, I went on immediate alert. I pointed to my own fingers and said, "Fingers, ouch?" Then shrugged my shoulders indicating, "Which one?" You can imagine my surprise when she pointed at her foot. "Oh, that finger," I said "Silly me."


 

Obviously her feet hurt from all of the walking that we did (in cowboy boots)...you gotta smile for that one.


 

Tomorrow we start our first round of orthopedic appointments. I don't really know what to expect. I am thinking that it could get long though.


 

BTW, I think that Jacie has hit the nail on the head. She is definitely, "Oh, so cute..." Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment