Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Ima 12..."

Tonight was very interesting. Jacie went to 3-D Archery with Jared and walked the course with him while he shot. This is not rare for family members to go along with the 'group'. What made this trip a little more interesting was the fact that she brought, carried and used her pink gun at every target. It was stinking cute. She would wait for all of the other kids to shoot bow, then walk up, aim and 'fire' her pop rifle. Then she would walk back to the bow rack, hang up her rifle and go down with the kids to get the arrows from the target. One by one they would come back up to the

4-H leader and say whatever their score was.


 

Behind them would pipe up a little voice, "Ima 12..."

It was soooo funny. Of course, the highest score is 10 in archery...


 

The leader got such a kick out of her. As did I.


 

She used the word (number) 12 a lot today. She did not use it correctly often but threw it into a lot of conversations...as with the word stupid. We are not sure how she picked up that word but everything has been stupid. The boys have loved that...


 

She really is doing well in most areas of life. She is comfortable with her surroundings and seems to be flourishing. Yesterday she had her first Orthopedic appointment. It was fairly long. When we first walked in

the door, Jacie pointed at the X-Ray dept. and said, "Ouch." I said, "No, ouch." She said, "Yes, Jacie ouch." Again, I said, "No..."


 

Suffice it to say, when we were walking out, she turned to me and said, "No ouch."


 

"He he. I told you so..." I thought. I love when I am right.


 

The news coming from the orthopedist was about what we expected. She is looking at a surgery (or more) in the future. The doctor's exact words were 'in the future...the near future." Just a little something to look forward to. It will not be a little surgery and will require full rehab. That is when Jacie becomes the winner in the game...she will be right about the ouch.


 

We are getting ready to camp with our family. She loves the campground and was quite disappointed when we left last time. I wonder when I send her up to pack, how many pairs of underwear she will bring?


 

A huge thank you to Marty for sneaking away to Wal-Mart with me on a midnight run. I really can't explain to you how nice it was to not hear a very loud child's voice constantly (and I mean constantly) saying, "Ma look..."


 

I am excited to say that I was able to follow my list and walked away very successful. That is the first time in seven weeks that I could even think enough to remember my list, much less use it. It was a nice break...


 

Continue to pray for Jacie as she adjusts. She has three months until we look at planning her surgery. It would be nice to get her teeth in order in that time and hopefully her language is in place as well. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment