Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One Funny Girl and a Dropped Ice cream

I find this whole process amazing...

I just wanted to say that up front. If anyone gets the call to adopt, know that there will be hard times and good times...then do it.


 

Just to let you know the kind of child Jacie is I will tell you about our day.


 

Having one son who needed to get to the horse barn quite early today and another that went to camp...we had a very early morning. Of course, Jacie was sleeping the soundest that we have ever had her sleep (since coming home.) Bart had to awaken her...


 

She was tired all day and I could tell. Every time the van went on, she went to sleep. Every time the van went off, she woke up. Just like my Loren...


 

Anyway, we were in and out of the vehicle all day with many, many stops. To break up the day we stopped at McDonalds for soft serve ice cream. I had to take Jacie into the restaurant because we need the picture menu. On the way out of the McDonalds, she tripped on the concrete, scraped her knee and dropped her cone.


 

In our house a dropped ice cream isn't a big deal. We just get a new one so I helped her up and motioned for us to go back into the restaurant. She refused. I was trying to fix the cone part, then the bloody leg...priorities you know.


 

I think that she thought that she was in trouble. She wouldn't go back in. I did finally get her in and ordered her another cone, cleaned her leg up and away we went.


 

Jacie is such a funny girl. Tonight she wanted to do a replay of the whole thing. She walked up to me. Pointed to her eyes (meaning watch) and then walked toward me 'licking' her ice cream...she pointed to her eyes, then pointed to her ice cream. She then pointed to the ground, then her eyes then said, "Jacie, no..."


 

She was telling me that she was looking at her ice cream and not the ground and fell off the curb. She has done this several times tonight making it funnier each time...She liked it best when I did it because I played it up and really stumbled. It is good to know that she can laugh at herself (and me...)


 

It amazes me just how creative and funny she is. It just confirms our thoughts that she is a good fit into our family. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment