Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sleep? Maybe When the Kids are Grown

We have been so busy, I feel that I am running just to keep up with myself...


 

I had a great day today though and believe it or not...it had little to do with Jacie. For fifteen straight months, she has been the topic of most of our conversations, most of our major effort and most of our prayers. This is a good thing...and well worth all of the investment.

But today I got to spend time with my eldest son...by himself. He is growing into quite the young man. He and I needed to 'suit him up' to show horses this weekend and I had an incredible time with him.


 

Things have changed for both of my boys and it is hard for people on the outside to see the effect this process has had on them. They are a tremendous help to me, their father and Jacie but they need some mom (and dad) time too. They need a little reassurance that they are not forgotten. So today and this weekend is about him and his show.


 

The middle son is at camp, so it is easy to spend that one on one time while Jacie was with her dad (and grandma, Marty and TJ.)


 

I am looking forward to seeing my oldest show this weekend and I know that Jacie will enjoy that as well (probably not the getting up at 4 am part though.)


 

At least, she is sleeping through the night though...that makes me happy. Maybe I will catch up on my sleep. If not, I guess I can sleep when they are grown.


 

Angie


 

BTW: I cleaned the sink, stove top and microwave all in one swoop. They hadn't been done since before China. After I tackle the nasty frig...I will be a new woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment