Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rattlesnake for Breakfast

I wish that you could see what I am seeing. Though you are very blessed that you can't feel it. It is soooo hot here. The kind of heat that gets worse when it rains and it has been raining almost the whole time. I have the path to the island down pat. Through the animal market, jog through another animal market, jog, through the spice market, jog, through the final spice market. Then I go up the stairs, over the road and back down the stairs. Whew...In humid, hot yuck it is a long walk. Plus they try to kill all pedestrians with their vehicles...


 

I went this morning and picked up the laundry, bought some more things (According to our guide, got ripped off...) and said, "Good bye" to my 'friends'. I am currently trying to recover from my sauna by writing to you all and documenting as much of this as I can remember. After we are home, I am going to try to keep this up for a while to document the whole process for her (later) and other people who adopt older children.


 

Today for breakfast, I had my choice of fried rattlesnake or Coke...I went with the latter. I don't think that the rattle snake was fresh...


 

Jacie (LM) loves the (fake) traditional dresses that I got her. I was hoping to get some 'real' clothes for her here but have found very little. There is a huge selection for babies but very little for older children. In fact, everywhere I go they ask about my baby. Even when they hear the she is eight years old, she is still 'your baby' which is true since the boys are 12.


 

I guess I will wrap it up for this morning.


 

We hope to be home by Sunday afternoon... Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment