Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

Shaggy, You Be Not Touch...

I am sitting at the computer, finally getting to the 'office work' that I have put off for a long time. I have been so busy I did not realize how long it had been. Brace yourselves...


 

My last record in my budget...June 8th. I couldn't believe it. I am normally meticulous on this front. This should give you an idea of how different and busy our lives have been since China. We used to have a time measure of BJ and AJ: Before Jared and After Jared...came. That has changed to BC and AC: Before China and After China. Quite simply, before China, I was more organized and accurate in many areas of my life and after...I've let myself go.


 

I am rectifying the budget issue as we speak. Though I have to admit it is more difficult...


 

I keep all of my books on computer, the computer sits in the living room, thus I do my 'books' in the range of all the children. That doesn't always go so well but it does get funny sometimes.


 

Today, I was working diligently while Jacie stood next to me 'reading' a Scooby-Doo book aloud. I feel that it is my duty to remind that Jacie does not read yet...


 

So she was standing next to me loudly making up a story to match the pictures in the book. I was trying to concentrate so I did not catch it all but I wrote down a couple of favorites:


 

"Shaggy...you be not touch."


 

"Stoop."


 

I had to laugh. She kept saying "Stoop."


 

I said, "Who is Stupid?"


 

She laughed, "Not Stupid, Stoop."


 

Finally, one of the boys said, "She is saying, 'Scoob.'"


 

Oh.....That's what I get for trying to multi-task.


 

The fact that she is 'reading' shows pre-reading skills. I am excited about that. I think that she will enjoy being able to read her own books. She is very independent.


 

Yesterday, Jacie told me that when she was in China, she watched a lot of TV (which we knew.) She went on to demonstrate how they made her sit with her hands behind her back and her shoulders straight. She said that it hurt but was supposed to make her posture good. She showed me that slouched shoulders were "Too bad" and straight were "Very, very good." I cannot imagine sitting and watching television with my hands clasped behind my back, you'd think that they would fall asleep.


 

It is amazing how little bits of information keep trickling out. I wonder if we will ever hear all of the pieces of her life before us...?


 

I am going to attempt to get the blood drawn next week. It should be done before she goes for surgery. I am also going to apply for her birth certificate and social security card. That should have been done back in July or August. Another example of exactly how far behind I really am.


 

At dinner tonight, Jacie gave me a good laugh. She had said that she did not want any green beans. I, of course, being the good mommy said, "Yes, you must eat the ones on your plate."


 

She wasn't entirely pleased and proceeded to make faces while completing the task. When she was done, she said, "Ima want some green beans..."


 

I laughed. I knew that she actually wanted French fries. I said, "Jacie want green beans?"


 

"Yes, lots," she returned. I wish I would have had more than two in the pan, I would have given her a whole plate full and laughed to my heart's delight...


 

Thank goodness for the funny moments...they make the hard ones more bearable.


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment