Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, January 3, 2011

Jacie, Gracie, Stacie

We are finally getting back to our routine and Jacie is grouchy.

I think that she had a little too much holiday...

She is doing well in her schooling (when she wants to.) She is beginning to pre-read. It has become our little thing. We go to the library and pick out eight or ten books, bring them home and snuggle up to read. A girl after my own heart...

I love the library, bookstore and books in general. I was afraid that she might be too old to fully grasp and enjoy books. I am so happy to have her on board. Of course, she would rather watch the television if she had the choice so the fight is still on. She loves the children's books and I have enjoyed the trip back to the children's section. It brings back memories of the boys' younger years. It is difficult to believe that in one week, my oldest will be 13!

She limps a little more now, especially when she runs. I wonder if it is because she is so much more active than she has been before in her life. I have noticed that she is stronger and more able. I really need to get her to PT. It seems that our lives are moving along so swiftly that I remember to call at about 8 pm. I really must make a list...

I enjoy joking with her every day...especially when she is in a good mood. I think that people are often confused about her name because she is so often referred to as, Grace, or Gracie. Nicknames always morph into other names so I now call her, Jacie, Gracie, Stacie. In actuality, she is probably the most confused about what her name is...

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment