Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sold Down the River


Today Jacie decided that she was going home with a new ma...

I wish that I was kidding. We were out to lunch with friends. One of the ladies has long blonde hair, is tall and very pretty. After we ate, Jacie said that she was going home with her new ma and walked toward her. When asked why she wanted her 'new' ma, she replied..."She is pretty..."

Guess that leaves me out in the cold. The Asian cultures have a great interest in the blondes, blue eyes spark their interest as well. It didn't surprise me that she was taken in but I have to admit it is difficult to even hear her say that. All of my time and energies go to ensuring that she is healthy and happy. I was talking to a gal at church before this happened and she asked how Jacie was doing. My response was favorable but I said, "She doesn't understand basic relationships. That is probably where she struggles the most."

Within two hours...she was selling me down the river for a blonder, taller model.

She does continue to do well with her language. If you were to talk to her you might not even notice that she has only been here for six and a half months. We notice the holes in her language though. She can miss a whole conversation...

She is very cute. She was watching a soccer game today and obviously quite into it. She kept cheering for a specific team and waving her arms, "Come on, come on...Yeah!" It was very funny to watch. We didn't even know that she was a fan. We wonder how she will like the Superbowl. It seems that she is a fan of football as well. We learn something new about her daily.

I can't believe how big she is now. She will be nine in April and though she is still little, her face is beginning to look her age. She definitely eats enough. I am continually amazed at the consumption habits of this little gal. I am trying to help her to control her eating and teaching her how to stop eating when she is full. It is not always successful.

~She is doing well and continues to grow.

~CP

1 comment:

  1. I helped in the kids' classrooms when they were in elementary school. One day one of my children said to me, "mommy, why do you look so much older than all the other mommies?"---I said well that is because I AM older than all the other mommies. Many of them were so young and I was over 40 at that point I think!! So needless to say, I decided to cover the gray hair at that point because I did look a lot older than so many of the others. So I don't know if this will encourage you or not Angie but I want you to know that it is pretty normal to have them compare us to other parents. I am praying for you all. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job with Jacie. Keep smiling and trusting. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete