Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

...She No Jump When I Say Jump

I wish that you could have been in the van with Jacie and I today. She made me laugh so hard that my sides hurt. For Christmas, she got a handheld gaming system. I think it is called a Gameboy...? I am not a gamer...

Anyway, she was in the back playing and obviously not doing well.

"What..? I said jump. Jump...Jump..." she kept saying.

The longer that she played...the madder she got.

"I try to win, she no jump when I say jump."

I said, "Jacie, are you okay?"

"No, I lose. I no like."

Eventually, she slammed it shut and declared, "I no play anymore..."

She sounded so much like an little Asian princess version...of her brother. She is definitely competitive and doesn't quite know how to express her frustrations. He was the same way. I could always tell when things weren't going his way. They are a chip off the same old block.

She must have figured out how to control her anger at the game because when I looked back later...she had started again.

She is in swimming class right now and loves it. She is quite good at swimming, though she doesn't have a lot of lung capacity. Of course the swimming helps...
I haven't had time to 'plug' her into Physical Therapy. I think that time is flying and I am running behind it sometimes. I hope that her orthopedic doctor isn't angry about her lack of PT. The road to success is paved with good intentions. We will go to see him soon, I'll let you know how it goes.

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment