Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mama Mia...

Jacie has decided that she is not having surgery because, "...[I] already had surgery in my China." That is what she told me tonight while I was cooking dinner. Then she turned on her heel and stomped up the stairs...

Fun, fun. I think that the hardest part of this surgery process will be taking her in for it. The rehab...? I am not worried about. She will be soooo very mad. It has come to my attention that when she is upset or angry, she works harder. So I am thinking that the answer to question, "How long do you think that it will take for her to rehab...?" is: "One week. Tops." Of course I am kidding but I know that when she can't walk, she will work harder to correct that. She only got to start walking a couple of years ago. That makes you appreciate the ability.

She finished her swimming today. She even jumped off the diving board and slid down the slide. Granted, she watched all of the other kids in her class 'go' first. After she had confirmation that they were still breathing...she was willing. Too cute.

She just sneezed behind me. Her brothers got after her and she said, "Hey, I just burp..." I just can't help but giggle...everyone else did too. It's the little mix-ups that crack us up the most.

Yesterday when she was teasing her brother, he got up to chase her. She turned around with huge eyes, giggled and said, "Oh, Mama Mia..." then took off running. She loves to be chased and eggs those brothers of hers on until they finally have had enough and do it. It is fun to watch. They are starting to develop relationally and it is really something to be part of. What an interesting life we lead.

I am confident that she is 'one of the crew' and that makes me happy. She continues to grow and develop and that makes me feel blessed.

Hope that all is well.

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment