Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wow Doctor, Are You New Here?




I know that I already posted today but I had to laugh and wanted to share my laughter with you. Jacie went to the dentist for the second time since she came. All of last night, she asked, "So they pull my teeth all out?"

To which I promptly replied, "Yes."
Torturing my children brings me a sick kind of joy...
Later on in the night, she asked again. "They pull out all of my teeth?"

"Did they pull them all out last time you were there?" I questioned.

"No."

"Okay, then they probably aren't going to this time either."

She actually knows the answer to many of the questions that she asks. She asks the questions quite often for the attention. So I play with her a little bit.

She did well through the teeth cleaning except that she moans and groans. It is so funny to listen to. The tech was very careful but you would have thought that she went after Jacie with mean spirited gusto. She hadn't even barely touched Jacie when she started in.

"That hurt."

"You'll be fine."

"Ouch, ouch. That hurts."
"She's not touching you yet."
"Oh."

She has an incredible pain tolerance when she needs to and no pain tolerance the rest of the time. What a character. The bad news is that Jacie's initial five cavities have extended to eight and she has two teeth that are fused her jaw line. She also will need braces. This is going to be one expensive young lady. She thought a basic cleaning was bad, wait until he pulls the teeth from her jaw. Just a little something to look forward to in the future.

She did manage to snag a doctor's mask and rubber gloves from the nurse. She is such a schmoozer. She also took four candies from the bowl and two prizes from the box. You thought I was being mean when I called her a schmoozer. I was telling the truth. I didn't know she had filled her pockets until we got home or I would have made her put most of it back.

She used that 'equipment' tonight to give each of us a full examination (not just mouths, full body.) To funny. She had me write out scripts and took our temperatures. Then she would pronounce if we were going to die or not. Thank heavens we were all going to make it.
The funniest thing was when she had Bart on the sofa. She was kinda rough with him and he said, "Wow doctor, are you new here?"
She reached over and yanked his mouth open and started poking in it and muttering. I wish you could have seen it. It was too much. She yanked it open so hard, I thought maybe it hurt but he said he was fine. It is very difficult when you cross a super tough dragon slayer with a profession like doctor. Instead of the gentle kind doctor you would expect...the treatment rivals that of boot camp. She even strapped me to the sofa. I asked her if she was strapped down when she had surgery in China and she said, "Yes."

I told her it wouldn't be like that here but I am not certain that she believes me. I guess it won't be long until she will find out.

I have included a couple of pictures of the good ole' doc herself. What a nut.


~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment