Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why Can't Everyone Just Get Along?




Once again, the quiet house gives me the impression that I am here by myself. Nope, that is rarely the case. Thank heavens I love children...

Jacie seems to be doing well. She and Jared seem to grate on each other's nerves often, thus grating on mine as well. Yesterday, I came in to find them watching TV together. She was sitting on his lap. It was really sweet. Then, one of them did something and they fought the rest of the day. Yet, before she went to bed she had to go give Jared a hug and kiss. Perhaps they are both bi-polar? I wish I knew how to help them work through their issues a little more. They bicker at each other everyday. The oldest, Loren is more in the role of 'older brother' and Jared is more of the playmate. I just can't believe that they cannot get along better as playmates. While play fighting, Jacie punched Jared in the face and he retaliated by hitting her in the stomach. Then she cried and he fussed. Well, such is life I guess. I do believe that they are close and have enjoyed the relationship that they are developing. I just hope that they both live through it.
Loren has been carrying Jacie everywhere. He has been such a good helper. She grew another inch and is quite heavy for me. I can lift things but my height is a great disadvantage in walking with something [or someone] who is heavy. She is not a big person but she is strong.

Her birthday is next week. I am still trying to be creative for it since she will be in a cast. She really wants to go swimming but until she is 'de-casted'...

Perhaps Chuckie Cheese would be fun? I'll bet her grandpa would love that.

We are traveling again this summer and I have to admit I am very happy that she will be walking. I cannot imagine trying to fly with a child in a wheelchair. The only good thing about it would be that I believe they would allow us to exit first. Other than that...
For those of you who do deal with a wheelchair daily, my hat goes off to you. It is not for the faint of heart. I keep forgetting that I have a temporary handicap sticker. The space on either side of the vehicle to unload the chair and her is helpful. I wish I wasn't so scatterbrained about it.
Life is moving along swiftly and before I know it, she will be walking and running. I am extremely grateful for that prognosis. Have a good one-

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment