Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Thursday, May 19, 2011

Agent Double 6, Do You Read Me?



It brings humor to me when I look at the title to the last blog and compare it to the content of this one. What a mixed bag we are dealing with...

A couple of days ago, Jacie and I were shopping. She had some birthday money left and wanted to spend it. I have to insert here that she has wanted the full-sized Bobba Fett(Star Wars) helmet from Walmart since the day that it hit the shelves. Every time that we go to the store, we have to go and look at it. Well on this particular day, we went to another store (don't tell Walmart.) While we were there, she found a full-sized Clone Trooper helmet, like the Bobba Fett. She fell instantly in love with it!

It is (as I stated, full-sized.) She wanted it so badly and it was $20. cheaper than Bobba Fett's, so I let her buy it. Then I spent twenty minutes in the parking lot trying to assemble it. I think I would still be there but I got smart and pulled out the directions...

After that, she wore the thing everywhere. How many people can say that they drove a clone trooper around for the day? She was so cute. She is awful little and the helmet is not. The neat thing about the helmet is that you can push a button and it makes you talk over a microphone, with static. She loves to play like that anyway. So from the back of the van, for the whole day I heard, "Agent Double 6, do you read me?"

It took me a while to figure out that I am Agent Double 6...

She is in love.

When we picked up the boys, they wanted something to eat. We went to their favorite restaurants and ordered. By the time I got to the pick-up counter, I was wearing the Clone Trooper helmet. It sure made the workers laugh (and me too) but not those thirteen year old boys in the back seat. I think that they were mortified.

We all have been enjoying Jacie's new toy. What a funny little girl. I wish you could have heard her humming the Star Wars theme song under that big old helmet.

She is doing well. We have cleared up the infection that developed on her leg. I thought maybe that would encourage her to walk a little more but so far, no luck. She is scared to walk because it hurts. We found out that it hurts because she is training her knee to walk in a way that it hasn't before, so all of the muscles have to be worked. I know that she will get it but the waiting is sometimes hard. We are going to have to carry her wheelchair with us on our upcoming trip. That kinda makes me laugh because we have always traveled with our own drugstore and hospital. Jared requires a nebulizer, a CPAP and daily medications. Getting us through the checkpoint is always a nightmare. This should help, huh? Now we will have a wheelchair, a walker, a nebulizer, a CPAP, a small drugstore and our personal items. Can you say, "U-Haul?' We'll just pull up to the side of the plane and unload...

I tell you what- life is a very busy, very interesting ride. Hope all is well for you.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment