Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Girl



We are so involved in the many things that summer brings and haven't really had any time to just sit and think...much less blog. Last weekend I blogged from Montana. What a tremendous time I had for the three days that I was gone. Jacie seems to have missed me. Don't tell her, she wouldn't admit it if she were asked. Yet, she clings to me everyday now. As someone who does not like to be hung on, all I can say is, "Ugghh..."

I told you last week that she got her shoe lift in. I had to have it specially made for her and then found out that it wasn't covered under insurance. Just the typical life stuff I guess- since then, she has decided that she does not like to wear it! We'll see who wins this war. For a little booger- she is pretty stubborn. She says that it hurts. That makes it difficult for me to fight her too hard. The good news? I just bought her new shoes at the beginning of the summer so I don't really want to re-buy all of them to fit the lift. Best laid plans, I suppose...

She is begging to learn to read now. That is what I was waiting for though I do not think that she has English fully- I think that she will be able to get it. I knew that the Phineas and Ferb magazine would be too much of a temptation. She really wants to read it since I will only read her parts (this was part of the plan.) I am happy to teach her how to read. I am not certain what program to use, if I should use a program and how to go about making this a good thing. I am certain that it won't be as hard as my mind makes it look but I really don't know.

She continues to look forward to fair. Today while Bart and I were out shopping, with her in tow, she found a blue show shirt. It is pertinent to mention here that she is not actually showing at the fair since she is too young. Anyway, she schmoozed us into getting it for her. If you remember from past posts, I promised her a show shirt at the pig show in July. I could not believe the price tag on the shirt she found. It was to her benefit that I noticed the clearance sign over the rack or she would have gone home without that darling little shirt. She also walked out with a paint by number. She wants so badly to take things to the fair like her brothers. I am pretty sure that we can frame her tiger picture and take it and then hang it in her new room.

Speaking of her new room, we will probably be moving sometime next week. Her bed, beauty table and desk are already moved into the new house- including her green lamp that Bart got her to match her pretty room. I have decided that until I have time to make her new curtains and bedspread, she will have to live with the flowers and green. Then I will incorporate the green lamp in her new decor. That way I do not have to repaint all of the green pieces and get new lamps and accessories. It is such a cute lamp anyway. I love how it looks in her new room.

She has been enjoying taking pictures. I let her use my good camera to do a photo shoot in order to have something to make 8x10 to take to the the fair. She has a pretty good eye. I like that. She will also being showing flowers and blueberry muffins. If you are going to the St. Joe fair look for her projects. She would love that.

She is getting tall- she grew 1/2 inch since April. All of her dresses are too short. After we move, I am going to go through her clothes and probably have to buy her some new church dresses and shoes.

We are having a great time. We continue to grow closer as a family.

~She's Definitely My Girl~

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment