Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, September 4, 2011

Patchy the Pirate




There are some of you who have been following Jacie's journey from the start and are very curious how the big move went for her- she is transitioning from her little green cot to her bed. It has gone relatively well. I have spent a lot of time pre-talking about the change and what would be expected of her. The first night, she bravely said goodnight and kissed her dad and I before she went to her bed. It was late- like midnight. She fell asleep and stayed there until morning. The next night she figured out that she was scared and cried and cried. I made her figure out a way to deal and finally she slept. The next night- she went straight to bed again. Last night...straight to bed. Perhaps she is crossing a bridge?

I am sitting in the new house listening to her and Jared argue over the remote. We have not had a lot of time to just sit so though the background noise is a little annoying, it is nice to enjoy the house. From where I am sitting, I can see the moon. I love that. The house itself is a little messy. We have had a little trouble getting settled so I have not had the time to properly clean it. Jacie has been pretty patient through the whole moving house trouble thing. I wondered how she would do when all of our attention was focused on other things.

She is getting excited for fair. I, on the other hand, know that there is no way the kids are going to get their projects done. I have decided that is okay. Jacie is done with hers so at least she will have something to show. The boys could only take their animals and they would be busy, busy.

I feel as though we haven't stopped 'running' since Jacie came home. I wish we could get to the end of some of our projects and just have time to be. Maybe she and I would have some time to work on girl projects like that apron I said that she was going to make. Uhmmm... I don't think we're going to make fair. Heavens there is so much to do.

I took Jacie to the eye doctor this week. She is now the star of her own TV show, Patchy the Pirate. At least that is what her brothers like to say. We found out that she has a weak eye and has to cover her good one for three hours every day. She is thrilled. Yeah, not so much. It doesn't help that her brothers like to call her Patchy the Pirate all the time. She is on the tail end of the age where this type of treatment can help. She will do this for six months. Hopefully I survive the treatment myself. It is a fight every day. She also is getting glasses. I think that she thinks that they will be fun to have. For those of you who wear glasses- you know they take a while to get used. I think that it will be a fight as well.

The good news is that my favorite little pirate gets to remove her patch in nine minutes. I then become her friend again. She is so fickle.

Really, she is a doll. I enjoy her every day. She brings so much to our family and I can't imagine life without her. I am blessed.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment