Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, September 10, 2011

Asian Professor

My blogging has fallen off this summer- there have been so many activities. It seems like some days we run from point A to B, back to A and probably back to B. Then the next morning, do it all over again. Yet, while I wasn't really watching, Jacie has made huge strides in her language acquisition, growth and physical ability. She is turning into a little lady. It is really neat to watch.

She now wears glasses. She looks very smart and very Asian. Of course, I know that she is Asian but with her little glasses- she looks like an Asian professor. I love it. She is ready for school to start but doesn't want to do the work everyday. Isn't that true for most of us?

The good news is that she now sleeps in her room. Alone. Doesn't seem possible but it is true. She hasn't been fussing about going to bed. She even sleeps with her door closed. It is truly amazing to me. I love it. She loves her little room with all of the tiger print. It cracks me up that she enjoys tigers so much. She wants me to join the group to get tiger information cards (every month.) I have not decided whether to let her or not. Maybe in her stocking?

For the most part, Jacie is doing well. She is adjusting to the new house with ease. I don't blame her- the new house is awesome! There is not much not to like about it. We do have a lot of work to do in the old house but have to wait until after the fair. For us, everything is BF and AF- Before fair and after fair...

We sure do love the fair though and cannot think of a better way to spend our time, energy and talents [well, and money.] My prayer for Jacie is that she learns how to take care of herself and things around her, how to complete projects and interview with people she doesn't know. Those are just a couple of the traits I believe that children learn from 4-H involvement.

Well, today we are going to a horse show to watch Loren show. I'll post pics of the Little Miss with her glasses later. Hope all is well.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment