Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mini Me



The fair is almost here!! For those of you who do not know our family- you probably don't realize the implications of this statement. For the others, I'll see ya at the fair. I'll be the one running from barn to barn...

Jacie is so excited. She keeps running around the house saying, "Fair is tomorrow. We have to pack, ma."

She is right, we do have to pack. She has been interesting to watch during this prep time because she loves to be in the center of all of the activity. So when the boys were completing their notebooks- she was too. She made a whole notebook of her collection of tiger, lions and other information pamphlets. It really is too cute.

Confessional time...

I did not get the time to teach her to sew. She did not even touch her apron. I know, that is terrible. I really wanted to do it. We still will before cookie making- just not in time for fair. She has several projects going. Tonight, she created a Lego set to put in open class. She was very excited to finish it. Loren has a set going in 4-H so this is fun for her. She is such a mini me to the boys.

She also has flowers, peppers, photos and a puzzle. I think that is pretty good for a kid.

Her biggest desire lately has been to ride a horse. I think that because her brothers go to the barn several times a week and have been showing at shows- she must participate. The cool thing is that our friends are bringing a mini pony to the fair for Jacie to ride. I am excited for that. I really don't have a lot of time in the first three days to help her ride but after that I will make it a priority. I am looking forward to all that fair brings- especially Kate's Pizza. Yum.

Hope that all is well for you.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment