Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, January 28, 2012

Love, Jacie



I laugh as I sit down to write this. Jacie has been such a piece of work lately. I tell you what, she definitely is her own person.

Last week, she was asked by a little girl friend to come over and play at her house. There were four girls there. Jacie had a blast. She has not gone to other people's houses by herself so this was a big deal. A couple of days later, when she and I were driving somewhere- out of the blue- she brought up this time at her friends. She said, "Mom, you (b)remember (I cannot get her to drop the b from the front of this word...) the time that I went to A's house?"

"Yes," I replied.

"Well, the other girls really like Justin Bieber, you know."

"Justin Bieber, huh?"

"Yeah. I just want you to know that I acted like I liked him when I was around them but I don't."

"Oh, okay, " I said thinking smugly that we had dodged a bullet there. She is not technically supposed to like anyone at this point.

"I like Darth Maul. He has a double light saber," she finished.

Yep, that's my Jacie. I think I got exactly what I deserved in this case...

For those of you who don't know- Darth Maul is a Star Wars overlord. Makes ya wonder who this little princess is going to coming riding up behind on his Harley when she is allowed to like someone. What have I gotten myself into? LOL

She truly is a doll. She took the time to tell me yesterday, in detail, what she wanted for her birthday dinner in 4 months- Buffalo Hot Wings, Blue muffins and Straw Bear Cake. Now you see why I am a little crazy. I have two non-English is my first language kids in my household. I am always and I mean always, interpreting. Blue muffins and Straw Bear Cake...? The good news is that in my house. You get whatever you want for your birthday dinner. So unless something changes, our family will be dining on Buffalo Hot Wings, Blue (berry) muffins and Straw (berry) cake. Sounds delightful.

We also pulled out one of those pesky teeth yesterday. At this point, her mouth if full of teeth. They are sprouting all over the place. I have been waiting for one (or six) to fall out. Yesterday, we worked on one of them that was nearly out. You would have thought that we were performing brain surgery without anaesthesia. She screamed and bellowed until her brothers both came running. Drama, drama, drama.

After the 'surgery' was complete, she was fine. She wanted to put her tooth in a bag for the tooth fairy. As creeped out as she is by bugs, I am not certain why the thought of a little 'dragon fly' coming into her room at night and landing on her pillow is okay but hey, I don't make the rules here. So into the bag went the tooth. I then forgot about it until we got home last night and I found it lying on my purse with a little note attached to it. The note said, "Love, Jacie." Let me tell you, that little girl knows how to work this tooth fairy. The tooth fairy gave her so much that our Chinese exchange student decided that she wanted to pull her teeth as well and leave them for this mysterious visitor.

We are working on fitting Jacie for her knee brace. We spent an hour and a half at the Dr's and left without it. I finally figured out why we can't get it to stay up- she has no calf muscles to speak of. So, back to the drawing board on that one. I'll keep you up on how it goes.

Hope that all if well for you. I am blessed.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment