Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, January 16, 2012

The Little Cheater Pants




I realized today that Jacie hasn't really learned to read- she has been memorizing the books and parroting it back- the Little Cheater Pants. I guess I move on to Plan B for tackling this task. She is at a complete stand still for letter recognition as well. I cannot think of anything else to make this occur for her except patience. I know that when Jared struggled to learn to read, I had to let nature do its trick. Now he reads at a high level.

I am not certain why reading has come so difficult for her. She is excellent at math. I have been helping her to get the basics of her math and she seems to really enjoy it. I guess we all have our strengths~

At this point, she is growing like crazy. She is eating like crazy as well. I think between her and our exchange student, they have doubled my grocery bill. Thank heavens we have a money tree in the back yard.

We are planning a short trip into Chicago in March. We are members of the aquarium there and want to take Ying. We will also go to the Myth busters exhibit at The Museum of Science and Industry. The boys are looking forward to that. Jacie asked tonight if we were going to the American Girl Place. The answer, of course, is yes! We will also hit the Lego Store, Genos East and Barnes and Noble. I cannot wait to go to the bookstore- I have missed it since they took out the Borders. This trip will occur before Jacie's surgery because I am not certain how laid up she will be. Also Bart heads back into the fields soon after the surgery.

Jacie is looking forward to showing animals at the fair. She is planning on following in her brother's footprints by showing pigs, chickens, goats and horses. I am hunting for a small horse/mini to purchase for her. Buying a horse for her has been difficult because you just don't know the temperament until they get home and comfortable. So I have been waiting for the right horse to come wandering into the yard...

On the whole, we have been well- for that I am blessed.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment