Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, January 14, 2012

Much More Than I Deserve



I am sitting next to Jacie as she talks my ear completely off. She and I are watching the NFL game. Jacie has always been very interested in football and soccer. She is funny to watch because she yells at the television with great gusto- "Go! Go! Get the goal! Come on buddy!"

It reminds me of our time in China. We happened to be in China during the Soccer World Cup and could go nowhere without hearing about the latest game. Since we were in China over a holiday and didn't have a lot of activities scheduled, we watched a lot of soccer (everything else on their 3 channels was in Chinese.) Jacie sat glued to the television. I always thought it was because they used it as a babysitter for her. Nope, she's a fan...

She has gone downstairs and picked a couple of books- now at a quarter to 11- she wants to read. What a piece of work. I am a sucker for reading though so I will probably let her pick 1, which will turn into 2. I then will have to force her to bed because my weary bones need their rest. I will run a half marathon tomorrow in support of the Lymphoma Society- 13.1 miles. I am excited.

Jacie is doing well. She is growing and looks so much older than when she came. I have wondered if her age was right since she was so little when she came and tiny for her height. On our last visit to the doctor, he did an x-ray of her bone growth plates to pinpoint her age and hers was 9 years and 8 months. Exactly right to the birthday that we were given.

Jacie has now given me 3 kisses goodnight followed by, "I love you mom. You are my favorite."

She definitely knows the way to this mom's heart. What an interesting place we are in. I would have never placed myself in the many situations that we have been in recently but I know someone who did. Thank heavens I have his power to see me through.

My life is amazing. I know that I am blessed beyond what I deserve.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment