Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, March 7, 2012

They Hit Boys with Their Purses



I have been itching to get on this blog but have been tied up with other responsibilities lately. I have said it before but will say it again, "Heavens, I am a busy lady."

We are steadily moving toward Jacie's surgery. It looms ahead like a dark spot on my Spring horizon. I do not mean to sound so negative... but I have to admit I am not looking forward to the 6 weeks of casting. She is simply going to be bored and irritable which will cause me to be bored and irritable as well. Okay, for those of you who are contemplating calling for Prozac for me... I am just kidding. I know that this particular surgery won't be nearly as difficult as the last. The last one, Jacie only spoke about 40% English. We also lived in the little house. AND I had no garage to unload her into. She also had her hip and leg completely broken, reset and plated.

This surgery should not have the pain and trauma that the other did. The hardest part will be that Jacie and I will move to Ann Arbor or Grand Rapids for three weeks. That is a long time for a mother to be away from her other children- especially if that mother is their teacher as well. Though I don't think that the boys were nearly as upset as I was when I heard...

I went away last weekend and had such a nice time scrap booking with the other addicts.
I did a beautiful book of Jacie/for Jacie. I so enjoyed looking through her pics from the last year and seven months. She has grown so very much. It brought tears into my eyes to look at the little girl we brought home and compare her to the young lady who lights up our lives and fills our hearts. She is such a piece of work, it is hard not to smile at what she comes up with. She is always dressed up as someone or something. Her imagination seems to always be in overdrive. I get tired just thinking about it.

Jacie continues to develop physically. I am not certain why I have been blessed with over-achievers in this area. My oldest(a boy) developed at the age of 10 and began shaving by 11. Yup! Luck of the draw. I just hope that her body holds off until these surgeries can be completed. It will be very awkward for her if it does not.

Jacie is realizing her place in our family. She and Jared continue to be best friends/worst enemies- it just depends on the day. Sometimes, she yells at him. Other times, she kisses him and tells him she loves him. Pretty normal stuff. Last night when we were driving home, Jacie and Jared started to argue. Jacie promptly hit Jared with her purse. Jared said, "Don't hit me. Jacie hit me with her purse."

She responded, "That's what ladies do. They hit boys with their purses."

I wonder where in the world she got that...? What a turkey. I am watching her hand feed Jared grapes as we speak. Thoe two together might be the reason that I take an early retirement and place myself in a home of rest.

Loren continues to be her protector and she knows it. I remember when we were in China and I blogged that he was a harder sell relationally for Jacie but I knew in my heart that when she 'got' him- it would be for good. That has occurred. He probably doesn't even realize it but in a small way- she owns his heart. He finds her annoying, loud and hard to understand but if she needs anything, its him who meets that need. He watches out for her. It is really quite beautiful to witness.

I stand amazed at the person that this young lady is. I had no idea how amazing this journey would be. Sometimes, I fear that everything we are building will suddenly be changed or lost but I try not to let myself think along those lines for long. I live in trust of someone bigger than I.

I am grateful for that.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment