Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Tooth Fairy Visits the Surgical Ward


I will preface this blog by saying that I have great pictures to add but the Internet has rejected every single one of them today. So if you see a pic- facebook and I had a face-off and I won. If not, I lost.

Jacie is in surgery right now. It seems crazy to me that we are in the exact same place as we were a year ago- even the same room. Jacie did not go under well. She fought hard to keep her head up. It was a little creepy to watch. Bart and I could not help her to relax. She looked like a drunken stoner...

She went into surgery with a good attitude. I am glad for that. She really likes Dr. Nowicki and trusts him. He came in with his usual chipper demeanor. I like that about him. At this point, we are running about 15 minutes over. It makes me a little nervous. I thought that we might run a little early like last time. I hope that everything is okay.

Here is a funny thing that happened this morning. Jacie has many, many teeth in her mouth right now. She has all of her adult teeth coming in on top of her baby teeth but the baby teeth are loose but not out. The doctor told me that the Tooth Fairy may stop by and pull some of the teeth in order for them not to be knocked out with the breathing tube. Fancy that, the tooth fairy even comes to the surgical ward. It would be great to have some of those teeth magically come out!

We are now over 30 minutes late coming out. I have to admit, I am a clock watcher this round.

Bart and I are restless and went for a walk. We came back with a treat for the boys and a stuffed animal for Jacie. It is a distant cousin to the one that Bart bought her last year. I think that she will love it. It is warm in here. I do not sit well. I think that I will go for a walk. I will post again later.

Pray for Jacie as she comes out of surgery, last time it was very difficult.

~Camo Pants

She is out of surgery. I am trying to add a picture of all of the metal that was taken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment