Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Double Dipping the Tooth Fairy


I had to laugh when Dr. Nowicki walked out of the surgery room with a plastic container with all of the metal AND a plastic container with one tooth and $2.00. They pulled one of those teeth- finally! I wish I could have had my say and they would have pulled a couple more of the extras. I told Jacie that it was kinda cool that the tooth fairy left money and the tooth because then she could put it under her pillow and make a little more cash.Imagine the horrors of having such a mother- encouraging her to double dip the tooth fairy...

Dr. Nowicki just came in to see Jacie. She is very scared right now and cried. I could tell that he felt bad but he knows how important it is for her to get properly on her feet. So he told her that it is not bad to be afraid but she must carry on. He told her that she was the strongest person in the room and she should be proud of herself. I am not sure that his pep talk helped but it was heartfelt and genuine.

She is now sporting a purple cast. It is quite nice. She will need a white pen or gel pens to have people sign. It should be interesting.

She struggled through PT today. Things did not go well. She could not put weight on her leg and cried hard. She is do another round in 10 minutes. Let's hope that it goes better for her this time. I think that if she is able to get around- we get to go home. That would be awesome. Then what to do with her until she gets the cast off and starts walking again. We'll just have to practice patience. I definitely could use the practice in that area.

She is snuggled up and watching a movie. The whole time I can see that she is dreading the upcoming PT. It is sad to see the worry on her face. I hope that a little bit of home cooking, her own bed and a week or two will bring that sunny demeanor back.

Continue to remember her. She has quite a journey to walk this spring and summer. I know how badly she wants to walk and doesn't understand why we have taken away her ability to do so.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment