Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Feed Well


I am switching over to summer mode and I LOVE IT! I couldn't ask for anything better than to [unexpectedly] be home for this early summer time and be able to get things situated inside and out of the new house. I have been transplanting like crazy!

Jacie is in summer mode as well though she has at least 2 more weeks of school before I will let her 'off the hook.' I am looking forward to being able to focus on the many summer activities we participate in. She has a great desire to ride her horse. I am going to make that happen in the next couple of days. I need one of my guinea pigs- the boys- to ride first and see how he handles. I am also looking forward to her starting horseback riding lessons. I think that she will love to learn how to handle herself on the back of a horse. Then she can transfer what she learns to riding her Percy. There is a lot of core strengthening that goes into riding horse and I think that it will be great therapy. She will ride one day a week through the summer and probably take her horse to fair at the end.

I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed that Jacie was about the same height as a little gal that shares her age. Jacie has always been very tiny. She came one year and nine months ago at a 8 years old and a size 5. She is now 10 years old and a size 10. What can I say- I feed well.

Jacie is beginning to get back to her normal self. She complains about things less and is starting to slow down a little. I hope that the rest and regularity of her routine will help her to regain her footing- she will make choices better. I so enjoy her when she is stable.

I will try to keep you updated more often on what happens with her physical therapy. She starts tomorrow. I am curious what her therapist will think of the monster shoe. I have taken Jacie out of it and have her using another shoe with an older smaller lift. She looks more comfortable. I am not certain why they lifted her left shoe so high that her hip looked out of place. Perhaps Laura will be able to explain its necessity.

I am grateful everyday for where God has placed me.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment