Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rub It In



Skyping China Ma and Ba- truly amazing what modern technology can do
Days seem to fly by like a whirlwind of craziness. It is hard to find a spare minute to sit and reflect on Jacie's life and actions because we are so busy living them...But this morning, I have made an exception and so not only am I sitting, I am also blogging.

Jacie has had a very busy couple of weeks. She decided to attend back-to-back vacation bible school weeks. Why not? Its better than having her sit in the evenings and watch tv. This way she is forced into physical therapy and she doesn't even know it. She is doing amazing. Last night I was so delighted to see her running (kinda) with the other kids and playing tag on the picnic tables. She doesn't realize how much strength she is gaining from doing those activities. She also walked the concrete barns at MSU while her brothers showed horses for 15 hours a day/2 days straight. That made her sore but adds to her strength and ability.

At physical therapy she was very grouchy. She doesn't like to have her foot rubbed BUT it is working. Last Wednesday, she had a recheck and we found out that she has gained 10 degrees in her lateral movement. How awesome is that after 1 month of rehab...? She is also learning to stand on that leg and balance for 20 seconds. That hurts but she is so much better at it then she was when she started. I have requested 8 more weeks of rehab/pt and we'll see where we are then. Fair is close to that so I am not certain if we will be done or just take time and start up in the fall. We shall see.

On the bike riding campaign, Jacie got onto the bike I bought her (at the store) and rode around the parking lot independently. I could have cried. Every day, I send her out to ride her new bike. She can push the pedals to get started. I LOVE IT! We are going to get this done. Hopefully she is gaining confidence for when I take the training wheels off. Her bike is beautiful.

She is working through the summer reading program for the local library. Right now, she is stuck on the Magic Tree House series. I read them all to the boys and find myself reading them again. She is sooo in the pre-reading stage. She spends a lot of time pretending that she is reading stories to me. I remember the boys doing the same thing. I don't think it will be long before she teaches herself how to read and hopefully she loves it. I am looking forward to that as well. She loves to go the the Barnes and Noble and read the books. Sometimes we spend an hour in there just looking and reading. I can't think of a better use of time- well except maybe sleeping.

Jacie continues to grow and develop. She is in the range for normal height for her age. She dances around the house singing, "I am going to be taller than mom, I am going to be taller than mom..."

She is probably right because 90% of adults are but man the little turkey doesn't need to rub it in.

Truly, I am blessed to be here. Jacie is an amazing person. Her abilities multiply daily. I couldn't ask for a better journey to travel.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment