Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Believe I Can Fly



I am sitting (again worthy of noting...) while Jacie and Loren run circles around me yelling and playing Batman. She runs circles around him and drives him crazy until he chases her down and tackles her. Over and over and over...

My time is not my own anymore. It seems that if I am not running to horse shows, I am probably going to the horse barn- notice the theme? I have to admit it is wonderful to see the kids involved but I never clean anymore. I simply drive. Thank heavens I do not have 10 children.

Jacie went to camp last week. She had such a wonderful time. It was a lot of work and her leg is swollen today. She kinda hobbles around. I feel bad for her and have been pushing the meds. She won't let me touch it enough to rub it. I don't think it would be so sore but on top of going to camp, she had her debut in the horse show arena this weekend. It was fantastic. She cleans up nice.

At this show, she had to take a test (which they read to her,) complete an interview and then do a skills demonstration. This demonstration was done while handling a horse. She stayed on the ground instead of riding so we made her a very short pattern to follow. Then we waited almost 4 hours for her to show Percy. He was very restless. She handled it well though and looked like a little trooper out their. If I were the judge, she would have won just for the 'cute factor.' I worried that she might fall in the sandy dirt while she was trying to do her pattern but I needn't have worried. She was fine. While completing the pattern, she had music playing in the background. I chose, I Believe I Can Fly. I have to admit, it brought tears to my eyes when I saw this little girl- one who had traveled so far in life and been through such heartache- succeeding at something so normal. When the music came on, everyone got teary eyed. She did amazing. I will never forget it. When we got home, I could hear her upstairs singing, "I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky."

I believe that she is right. She can and will fly. I am just grateful that I have a front row seat.

Jacie continues to grow and develop. She still loves Star Wars, Batman and Superheroes. I had to laugh when I put her to bed in her pretty, girly bed with the Batman mask and cape hanging off the headboard. Go figure.

That's my Jacie- I wouldn't have her any other way.

~ Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment