Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, August 27, 2012

Another Step Forward

I cannot tell you how many times in the last 4 weeks that I have thought, "I would love to tell everyone what is happening."
Obviously, my thoughts did not turn into actions and we are horribly out of touch...

Jacie has been doing great. She continues to be on a major growth spurt- at this rate, she will be 6 foot when she is done. Okay, maybe not that much but she does have fairly long legs. She has taken to eating me out of house and home. I shouldn't be surprised because my boys have always been great eaters. She is not to be outdone by them in anything.

It is hard to believe that she has been here for over two years. The time has simply raced by. It seems that when I reach out to grab it- it slips silently by.

I have to admit that I have so enjoyed dressing Jacie- she might border on spoiled in that realm. The neat thing about her is that I am able to do that and she seems relatively unaffected by the attention. She is an easy going gal with a great heart. She is good to other kids and often gives them her stuff when they leave. That makes it so easy to get her things.

Right now, I am suiting her up for fair. She will have her goat, horse, chickens and a pig at the fair. That is a lot for a little gal. Finding comfortable boots have been an issue so I pour over the Internet in hopes of finding a pair of lacers for a decent price. I have always said that putting shoes on her feet has been difficult and expensive. Of course, it doesn't help that I am very shoe conscious. Perhaps 'shoe snob' is a better fit...

The most fun has been getting her a matching hay bag, bridle bag and horse blanket. She doesn't know about them yet but I know that she will love them. I would have at her age~

The boys never cared about the color of their hay bag or bucket. That's the cool part of having a girl in our home. She and I think alike. We enjoy many of the same things. She is my heart.

Next week she will be scaling back her physical therapy in order to begin her normal child activities. She starts Hip-Hop Dance classes, wants to swim and take gymnastics. At this point, she is very strong. Her body is probably the best its ever going to be. The therapist told me today that she was very surprised at how strong and able Jacie is- I want her to focus on that. So we are weaning therapy out of her life. I am so excited for that. My goal is normalcy for Jacie and this is just another step forward.

I cannot tell you what a gift God has given me in this adoption- words could not do it justice.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment