Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Maybe Loren Would Like Pizza Rolls..."


I was re-reading some recent posts and had to laugh at the one entitled, Lazy Weekends and Magic Shoes. One statement I said in that post is what triggered all of my laughing~ I love lazy weekends and am looking forward to a summer full of them~ Yeah, not so much. It didn't happen. Since that post, this is our first really lazy weekend and summer is over.

We have been so busy this summer but I am certain all of you have been as well. Time just keeps moving and I am running behind hoping that I can catch up. I love it, really. We have so much to do in the next 13 days that the thought makes me tired. Fair is coming!!! We so enjoy this time of year so much. Unfortunately, Loren is sick and that has put a damper on our preparations. So I have been focusing on Jacie and getting her ready so that I can push the others through their projects later.

Jacie took several still exhibits. She learned to sew, decorate cakes, draw, take pictures and do puzzles. Those are her inside projects. She is also showing pigs, chickens, goats and her mini horse. I can't tell you how excited she is. She started asking about fair back in May. We always camp at the fair and she loves that. I am a little afraid of her walking but I think that she will be okay.

I had to laugh at her yesterday when Bart and I went to get Loren reinforcement foods since he is sick. It seemed that everything that we were buying we said, "Loren would like this."

Then Jacie asked for Pizza Rolls. I heard her but didn't answer. She then asked Bart. He didn't really pay attention because he was busy. I then heard her say really loudly, "Maybe Loren would like some Pizza Rolls- I'll bet they will make him feel better."

What a corker. She is such a piece of work.

On the whole, she is doing well. She continues to grow, learn and develop. I am blessed.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment