Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, February 11, 2013

I Want a Rope

"One baked potato with bacon and cheddar cheese and a small fry please," said the little Chinese cherub in the backseat almost everyday. She wants the carbs, carbs, carbs...

I could never eat those two items together. Gross. Yet, that is what Jacie desires. She is growing like crazy. She is going to bypass my height very soon (granted that is not a huge feat...) I am curious as to how tall she is going to get. I used to think that most Chinese (or Asian) people were fairly short and petite but when our exchange student came, she was 5' 4" and had a muscular build. A very pretty girl but not what I expected. Her (boy) friend was Chinese as well and was easily 6'. That sure changed my perspective of where Jacie could end up. Perhaps she will hit over the 5' mark.

She says the funniest things right now- her English is not fully developed but mostly there. She whips out one-liners like a pro and enjoys razzing everyone but things do not always come out correctly. She came up to me last week and said, "I want a rope, like brothers have."

"A rope?" I questioned.

"Yes, a rope just like brothers have for mornings," she insisted.

I was racking my brain to come up with a rope that the boys use in the mornings. So I replied, "Dental floss?" ...knowing full well that the boys would not floss their teeth in the morning without being told.

"No, never mind."

That is when it hit me, "Robe, you want a robe!"

"Yes, like brothers have," she said smiling.

Do you ever wonder why I am tired?

~CP

BTW- She loves her new 'rope.'

No comments:

Post a Comment