Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Adoption Awareness Bands

Things have definitely been different here in the King household. Jacie is up and down emotionally like crazy right now. I was told to expect it but wow!! Yesterday, she had such a major meltdown that I ended up taking her upstairs and putting her in bed for an hour in order to get her calmed down. She so rarely gets into trouble but when she does, she promptly cries until she hyperventilates. After a half an hour like that, she then begins to dry heave. Yeah, its quite an interesting process. I think that is why Bart and I let her get away with so much more than the boys ever did.

So after Jacie took some quiet time, she settled down and came down semi-normal. The key word is semi. The kid has been off for quite awhile. I have been cautioned that this occurs in girls when they are getting closer to starting- yay...

Other that that, she is doing well. She is getting closer to reading and does a lot of pre-reading She continues to do well in math and handwriting but her favorite is learning about animals. She thinks that she might want to do something in that area. She cracks me up- she has decided since I am not getting her a puppy, to adopt one of the barn dogs as her own. She is quite the little mama for that dog. It gets canned dog food, a special bed and more petting than it has ever seen in its lifetime. What a sweetheart.

Continue to pray for Jacie, she is looking at having another surgery in March to remove the metal from her knee. The we will work on getting braces on her feet. I wonder if there will be a time for the normalcy in her life? Oh, on a side note- her grandma, myself, her brothers, her horse trainer and a friend all went together and bought her the new American Girl Doll. Just because she is loved- she will be so excited.

~Camo Pants

I am selling these bracelets for $2.00 to support adoption awareness. The money will be used to speak on adoption at conventions, help to self publish her book and offset some of her medical bills. A portion of the proceeds will go into a fund to help families afford the cost of adoption. Let me know if you are interested, I will ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment