Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jacie is No Exception

I just wanted to quickly shoot a post off to you. Unfortunately, we have no Internet for the next week so posting will be limited. The good news is that when we do rejoin the techy world, we should be faster and more affordable. I guess we will see on that one!

Jacie is involved in so many changes right now that I feel as though I am running behind her trying to keep up. She is definitely growing- wow! She has moved up to size 12 pants. She is still thin but is getting a pair of long legs on her. We have also started a new therapy on her. I believe that it is called Graston's (sp?) It involves working with her scars in order to loosen them up. I really did not know what to expect but she seems to be benefiting. She has only had one but I can see a difference in her walking. Interesting. The other thing that I have noticed in the last month or so is that she is starting to use her whole foot on her left side. She has always toe-stepped on that side- never placing her full foot on the floor. Today I watched her walk through the kitchen as correctly as I have ever seen. I wonder if it is the stretching that we are doing with her hips and feet or if her leg length is levelling? Truth, I'll bet it is a combination. It is hard to pinpoint the exact cause because there are many things that are always changing. For instance, she began swimming in December. That might be playing a part. I think that Dr. Nowicki will be very surprised at how well she is doing. I am.

On the emotional front, she appears to be on a roller coaster. Some days she is up and others a little off. I think that has to do with age as she is sneaking up on 11 years old. 11 and 12 years old are interesting times for most kids- Jacie is going to be no exception.

She is growing though and developing at a regular rate. For that I am grateful.

I am blessed everyday to know this young lady~

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment