Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Horrors of Such a Mother

I think the words, time flies, will accurately describe why it has been over three weeks since my last post. That and wow, are we busy. I know...I know everyone is busy but this is my blog. So I get to whine a little at my own busyness.

Jacie is doing well. She continues to grow taller and eat like a logger. I am not certain that even I (after feeding the two boys) could have imagined that a little skinny girl would offer competition for their vittles. She has out eaten me for months now. She is an expensive little chica~

She is really walking well now. It is amazing to think that she has been here 2 1/2 years and developed so far. I guess that happens when you get a child that is half-grown. She will be a teenager before I blink- I am convinced. I do love her life though. She has all of the opportunities of every other child. I am not certain that even I could have known how this journey would go. It is not an easy thing to contemplate- bringing an 8 year old non-English speaking child that has severe orthopedic issues into your lives, home and heart. Yet, it has worked. Amazing.

I must be feeling sentimental this morning. It wouldn't surprise me. It is very dreary outside. The cold has lingered on far past its welcome. The sun has visited other places (assumingly Florida.) I am dreaming about planting gardens and the sunshine on my back. Just as a side note, I do not enjoying gardening so it is a little sad that I am dreaming about planting one. I guess I will focus on pushing Jacie through her schoolwork so that when the sun shines, she and I can get out (and plant a garden if we see fit.) She is also looking forward to training her mini horse to pull a cart, raise some chicks to full size and swim in the pool that never made it up last year because her drought harried farmer father ran out of time. The summer will bring color into our cheeks and wear us out completely- just like it is supposed to.

Continue to pray for Jacie. She is looking at her third surgery since she came to America in 2010. I would love ti if we didn't have to cart a wheelchair to every horse show this summer.

I am truly blessed~

~Camo Pants

I would love to tell you that this flashback is the product of my sentiment heart but I must be honest- I just haven't taken pics of her in the last month. What kind of mother? Well, the kind that is smiling fondly at her as she lays on the sofa watching cartoons (because she is quiet) and it is almost noon here.
~The horrors of such a mother~

No comments:

Post a Comment