Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Thursday, March 28, 2013

Worth It!


It is amazing how often I desire to start my posts, "It is quiet in my house and that rarely happens..." That must not be accurate because of the large number of posts that [almost] started with it!

I do sit tonight in a quiet house by myself. The kitchen is clean. The laundry is running. And I am blogging- as usual. I absolutely love these times. They give me a much needed break and reflection time. There are a million things that I should probably do but I have decided to let them wait. That is out of character for me...

Jacie is doing so great. I often look at her with the amazement that comes strictly from standing outside of the situation that I find myself in. There are so many facets of the journey that we are on that I would have never thought were possible. They are easier to identify when I sit on nights like tonight and reflect. There is so much value rendered from reflection. The impossible task that we are attempting has brought so much joy to my life- I would have never guessed that to be true. Amazing. Truly.

I am blessed.

Jacie has a new project. She has become mother to 2 bottle baby goats. It is the sweetest thing. My little ninja princess, dressing these tiny baby in dresses and bottle feeding them around the clock. Who would have thought? Certainly not China! They had her pegged as a tomboy (which is not desirable.) How wrong human perception can be. She is a fighter. She is a ninja. She makes the world around her fun. These are all traits that make her who she is. She is also desired. She is smart. She is gorgeous. But I am biased...

Tonight I go on record and say that everything that had to be sacrificed in order to bring Jacie here- WORTH IT! She has brought immeasurable joy, unexplainable insight and a facet to my life that I would have never imagined that I was missing. I give God all the glory for that~

May you be blessed this holiday weekend!

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment