Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, April 8, 2013

"Dad Never Did That to Me"

I am lying on the sofa with a pair of feet stuffed in my lap. My hands are resting lightly on the legs that trap me to the sofa. And a little Chinese face is scrunched up against mine. My life is complete. I have no personal space but that is okay- I am content. I believe that she is as well. That is my goal for her. Happiness. Love. Peace. Contentment.

I love the times that we have together on a daily basis. Some of those times are hard but most are good. They are the reason that I live. Jacie is an amazing person. She has one of the kindest hearts that I have ever encountered. She loves the people that she is with. She gives repeatedly. There is rarely a time that a friend comes over without her giving them something to take home. I stand amazed at this little girl that has stolen part of my heart. I would have never guessed it to happen~

She is doing well. She took me for a 'drive' yesterday. Yeah, she was driving. The gator has become her newest passion. Her daddy taught her how to drive and she has been very excited to do it as often as possible. So yesterday she says, "Come mother. I will drive you to back of the field."

"Uhh... okay."

So here we are, driving in the fully rutted 70 acre field. She has not mastered the art of driving in the ruts so we bumped along for quite awhile. Finally I said, "Go to the left a little."

"What?"

"You need to move the gator to the left."

"Oh, okay." She jerks the steering wheel to the right.

"No, the left."

"Oh, that way..." She jerks it the other direction.

I grab the wheel and direct the gator into the already formed ruts. The gator begins to drive smoothly.

"Dad never did that to me," she says.

The constant war between mom and dad...

She is such a little farm girl. She loves to be out doing chores and spending time with her animals. The baby goats are doing okay. We continue to bottle feed them on a regular basis. She loves it. I knew that she would.

On the medical front, she is going to see Dr. Nowicki next week. I am curious if he will look to take the metal plates out of her leg. She has been asking about it. I think that they hurt. It will be good to give her the relief of not having them in. She is nearing a break in physical therapy. I am looking forward to the break because summer is so busy. It will also give me time to catch up on payment. She is looking forward to the break because she hates going in for therapy. Hopefully this is a good move. I want her to swim the summer stingrays at the community pool. A swim schedule of 2-3 times a week would be good for her body I think. We continue to stumble through this journey called life~

I am grateful for every minute.

Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment